Tuesday, July 21, 2015

When Life Poops on You, Laugh In It's Face: 6/1/2015

Yesterday, we were at an investigators house. The dog came up and cuddled with me after playing catch for a bit. Suddenly, the dog squirms under my arm and around my body. My head follows his trail. "What are you--" I look down. There is a freshly laid turd sitting on my lap. My original response was "Is that what I think it is?" Complete shock. Then I died. I could not stop laughing. The investigator was mortified. The dog was hiding for it's dear life in complete shame. I was sitting there laughing with tears running down my face. The lady comes over with a trash can and we attempt to roll it off my dress into the trash can but it gets stuck in it's final descent so we use my dress as a trampoline and launch it into the can-setting off another roll of laughter. 

The Culprit
 

I feel like it was God's way of saying, Lighten up and do what you always do. Roll with the punches and laugh at whatever comes your way!
Not much time but here are the highlights from the week:
-I did a fast on Wednesday for the health of one of our investigators as well as family back home, but the investigators doctor appointment is what sparked it. Midday, we call to give her a daily scripture and we are informed they moved the appointment to Monday. A lot of things tempted me to end my fast--I didn't eat much for dinner the night before, I could just end it at 3, etc.--but I kept feeling that I needed to continue my fast 100% and make it to dinner at 5:30. We get called over to that investigators to help with an unexpected project that was WAY too much for anyone. While there, she found out a friend stole a precious picture keepsake on top of all the other things she stole. She angrily picked up the phone to call the lady who had done this to her, but to our surprise her voice was even. She expressed apologies for things she had done. Completely calm. When I came back from the bathroom, she was sitting on the couch shaking her head. "I don't know what just happened. I had it all planned out what I was going to say. Those were not my words. I don't think I said that. Something just took over me and overpowered everything." Over and over again, it was confirmed to me. It was because I had fasted that she had the strength.
-We went to a car show and saw TOMATER from cars!
-My bishop and his wife from Wells came and visited me!
-Graduation parties
-Lots of awesome lessons and teaching. It's been a great week.




No comments:

Post a Comment