Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Times Are A-Changin': 6/22/2015

This week went by so incredibly fast. This week was crazy because our Mission President, President Hermansen came to say his goodbyes. He will be returning to Idaho after serving for 3 years over the missionaries in Reno Nevada and we will be receiving President Chestnut soon.
Some of President's closing council to us (and I wish I brought the paper so I could get it correct) is:
"When life gets hard, which it often does. When things go wrong, which they often do. When life seems unfair, which it often is--Remember who you are. You are a child of God, the most powerful being in the universe."
Life gets hard, things go wrong, and it often is unfair, but it really is just part of our mortal test and everything will be made right in the end. God, our loving Father, will see to that and give us comfort while we face the mountains we have to climb.
These are things I know to be true and right and just.
I love my mission and the people I get to serve here. There is nothing that can describe nor compare to the joy it brings.
Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment