Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The Smallest of Grapes (Beating the Funk): 5/26/2015

As expected, Sister Liddle and I will be staying another transfer in Lovelock! Super Happy about that. The work is really coming along. We have SIX people preparing for baptism and they are solid. We spent yesterday with our investigator Lori, dying Sister Liddle's hair bronze! It looks SO good. It was so much fun. 

We are SO busy, but busy isn't the right word because it's not business for business sake but actual meaningful work every second of everyday. We get to the end of the night and there are people that we wished we had time to see. I'm worrying that we aren't finding as much as we should, but the only way to free time would be to drop someone and everyone that we are teaching is keeping commitments and progressing in their own ways and I would NEVER want to ruin that. It's a great problem to have as a missionary. I love it here in Lovelock and I love the people even more.

As my mom told me to, I just uptowned my funk. Really, I got over any of the remnants this morning. Turns out laughter is great medicine. But I found as I went about my week and wrote more sincerely in my journal, that everything always falls into place and the Lord does the heavy lifting. I found an amazing quote this week quoted in "raising the Bar" by a former mission and MTC president Ed Pinegar.

Faith is the Power
Love is the Motive
Obedience is the Price
The Spirit is the Key
Christ is the Reason

I love it so much because it is true. Then I thought about the Savior and how he lived his life by the first three. Faith in His father was the power behind everything he did. When He was suffering in the Garden, he must of had faith in His role as the Savior. But the reason he did it was love, deeper than we can imagine, for all of us. But surely, obedience was the price, a high price to be made. In the depths of His agony He cried out "O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." (Matt 26:39). In an act of perfect obedience, He payed the price that had to be payed for all of us. 

Another quote that I just loved from this week was from a speaker in Sacrament Meeting, Brother Puttey. 

"The sun shines it's light on the smallest of grapes as if it had nothing better to do that to warm that one grape"

How fitting is that in reference to our loving Heavenly Father who is all knowing and all powerful, yet takes the time to listen and answer every prayer even when we are telling him the smallest of our concerns. 

It has been a week of growth and humility, but that is exactly what missions are for. As I am becoming the missionary I know I can be, it becomes easier to have fun and find enjoyment along the way.

Well, I love all of you and miss you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment