Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Happy Mother's Day and the Year Mark...ish: 5/11/2015

During church a definition of Motherhood was read that said it is the act of taking someone into your protective care. So, to all the mothers out there, Happy Mother's Day!

It was amazing to be able to talk to my family :) This can put some missionaries in a funk but I guess I just saw them and will be back in a short 6 months so all I have is pure enjoyment of being able to talk to them. I think it can last me the rest of my 6 months :)

I'm not sure how to count my year mark with being sent home. I figured I would just count back 6 months from when I went home and that was yesterday! I burned a shirt with the Autumn and her family :)

This week has been really amazing. Sister Liddle was sick for most of it, but when we were able to go out a LOT of lessons and miracles happened. I've gained a stronger testimony of the Book of Mormon. There is a man we have been working with. Though we were teaching well, using the spirit, and showing scripture, you could tell that nothing was really sinking. They were just facts of our belief to him. He finally keeps his commitment to read the Book of Mormon. He not only read, but he read FOUR chapters! That lesson was very spiritual and there was a change in the atmosphere and a change in him. 

A dear friend sent me this quote That I wanted to share:
    “When filled with God’s love, we can do and see and understand things that we could not otherwise do or see or understand. Filled with His love, we can endure pain, quell fear, forgive freely, avoid contention, renew strength, and bless and help others in ways even surprising to us.” John H. Groberg
    The Lord loves all his children so much, when we understand his love for us and our relationship to others, it gives us power and strength and allows us to bless others in ways that we can never imagine. I assume that it is this love parents have for their children. I know it is this love that missionaries have to those they serve. I love seeing others through the light of God. There are no lost causes. There is always hope. 

Love you all and hope you have a great week!


Sister Liddle and I helped out on a farm :)




I tried on a fur coat made from Timber Wolves!




Skirt Burning!


No comments:

Post a Comment