Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Learn ALL The Things: 7/13/2015

Hello Everyone! This week has been good with lots of emotions--sad and confusing but hilarious and amazing.

Monday and Tuesday was packing up and getting in those last lessons (aka the sad part). Wednesday, Sister Clegg got dropped off the Transfer bus in Lovelock. We got to spend the day together there until the transfer van was heading West--a perfect time to transition and get to know each other. It was so much fun. It was at the drop off that another missionary told me "You companion goes home in like ten days. Are you sure that's who your companion is?" 

Wednesday night I get to the mission home and get filled in. My companion goes home next Monday. I have 10 days to learn the area then I will be put with the Sister Training Leaders in a trio. I will teach them the area and we will cover both wards. It's a very strange situation but I'm ready for the challenge.

Carson is a fun place to be. There are SO many people it's crazy. Sister Ash and I get along very very well. We both keep saying "Why aren't we together longer!" or "Where have you been my whole mission!". It's been fun to get out and work hard in my new area. Always on my toes! 

I'm excited for this next week I can promise there will have some fun stories. One of our investigators talks to spirits (obviously) and is from a long line of witches. She drew Sister Ash's "Guardian Angel"....

"His name is Muelt and he said this picture is accurate except the ears are a little off!"

This picture is quite creepy and he has a sickle. Being a missionary is definitely interesting. But there are so many good times. Moments where the spirit is just there and wonderful chances to hear experiences with God.

We ran into this older couple who are now taking the lessons. God has played a huge role in their lives and has performed many many miracles. But they find him in the small things as well--the sunrise, the beauty of the world. We shared Alma 30:44 with her

" Will ye say, Show unto me a sign, when ye have the testimony of all these thy brethren, and also all the holy prophets? The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator."

I love the pattern in the scriptures. Many times the Lord commands to "Stand Still", "Be Still". We have to stop and slow down. It is then we see the evidence that God is in everything. Even when we think he isn't there, that is when He carries us.

Love you all and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment