Monday, March 16, 2015

Random: 9.15.14

It has been a good week. It's been a long one too. It's been a strange week. I really can't tell you what happened because I don't remember much. I just flew by and everything was so random this week. Good, but random. Most of our plans fell through and we ended up seeing a bunch of new people. TONS of new people. Where we normally talk to about 10-20 new people everyday, we saw about 25-50 new people everyday. Most people are nice but uninterested. I feel like that's how I would be if missionaries from another faith walked up to me as well, so I always walk away feeling good having at least met a new friend. 

We are staying another transfer together in Gardnerville! As Sunday drew closer and closer Sister Anderson and I would look at each other and say "I don't think we are leaving yet." It's a funny thing, when you are leaving, you can feel it. You draw away from your area and the people a little bit. God prepares you to leave. We were even telling members, "yeah, I don't think we are gone yet". Lo and behold, we get our call and we are staying! After a week of ALL the appointments falling through, I'm not so sure what it is that we are suppose to do and why we have to stay together, but I think we will know soon.

I'm sorry this is short today, I just don't have much to say.

This week I've been studying God's love. I found this scripture and I love it. 2 Nephi 26:24

"He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation."

He doesn't do anything to us except it be for our benefit. He loves us so much. He wants all of us to return to Him. He wants us to return, because he loves us. NONE are told that they should not partake of His sacrifice, His cleansing, His empowering. All are welcome into the all loving, all merciful arms of God. He is the loving Father of our spirits and wants all of us to "return unto God who gave it" life (Ecclesiastes 12:7). I think God is a firm believer in "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" and he knows what he is doing. Though it can sometimes feel like we aren't getting stronger at all and he doesn't understand. He does and He cares. Bu even death, he know when we have accomplished what we need to. To Him, death is not the end but only a part of his plan to make us better. I trust that it all makes sense in his omnipotent eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment