Tuesday, August 4, 2015

If you squeeze lemons... : 8/3/15

If you squeeze lemons, you get lemon Juice
If you squeeze oranges, you get orange juice.
If you you squeeze Christ, you get Jesus Christ
If you squeeze a Mormon....

Supposedly you get Joseph Smith. We ran into this guy who really like deep religious philosophy. It was a VERY interesting conversation of learning. He wanted to show us that you can't put a box on a religion or else you cease to "squeeze" Jesus Christ. Something we tried to help him understand is the role of a prophet. Christ only gets to physically be on the earth and lead his people twice--His mortal ministry and His second coming. Don't you think, he would call someone just as he has in the past to lead His people and His church prior top the second coming? We do not follow Joseph Smith, we worship and follow our savior Jesus Christ. Very interesting conversation. We often run into people who want to save the missionaries because we have been brain washed... supposedly. I can tell you something though. No one could make me believe something based solely off their word. At one point the man said "If you are so confident in your faith you need to challenge it." To which I responded with full confidence "Oh, I challenge it everyday and everyday I know even more that it is true." I later used his challenge to me in response to the fact he had never actually read all of the Book of Mormon, "If you are so confident in YOUR faith, you need to read and challenge this book." In the end, he looked at me and said, "I like your challenging feisty spirit. You have obviously done some questioning. I like it." I don't know how much he got out of that conversation but my testimony grew leaps and bounds as I challenged my faith once more and found once again that it is true. He asked why they send the young ones out. To which I quoted Paul, "When I am weak, then am I strong". When it is the truth, when we have God on our side, it doesn't matter if you are the most eloquent,  knowledgeable speaker. It is the truth. How else could a 19-21 year old defend their faith to someone who can quote the bible back and forth in English, Hebrew, and Greek and make him think? The lord has always called the weak and simple, the fisherman to do His work. It's the truth. If it's the truth then nothing else matters.

We have seen so many miracles and amazing things this week. Week two has gone smoother than week one by a lot. Definitely faster. This week flew. I love missionary work. We are enrolled in a great cause.

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment