Monday, October 19, 2015

Down with a Sickness: 10/19/15

Tuesday, my normal health problems acted up and lasted until Thursday.  Then Saturday, I caught one of the stomach bugs going around. I don't think I've been that sick since Bird Flu last year! Nasty. Luckily I'm feeling a million bucks better today and this week will be better.

We were still able to get out and work. BIG NEWS: Tim has not smoked since last Saturday and we have a baptism set up for him! We are so happy it is finally happening. He's stoked. This week threw us off, so pray we can teach everything we have left before then!

My ponderizing scripture this week was actually pretty fitting. 2 Nephi 2:24

"But behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of him who knoweth all things."

I picked it in conjunction with a quote I wanted to understand a little more by President Uchtdorf,

"Being grateful in times of distress does not mean that we are pleased with our circumstances. It does mean that through the eyes of faith we look beyond our present-day challenges... acknowledging that we do not always understand the trials of life but trusting that one day we will."

We may not unstand all we have to go through, but God does. And he can help us through everything.

p.s. This is from last week, but this is our biggest fan Dorris! She is so sweet.



No comments:

Post a Comment