Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Biggest Baddest Baptism Ever: 10/26/15

Do You remember this?
"A random car drives past and stops a little too early for it to be at the stop sign and then reverses up to our car. Sister Underly somewhat scared yells  'We're gonna get SHOT!' 
I respond, 'Roll down the window! What if they want to be baptized!'
So we roll down the window. Most random conversation ever. Then they see the badges and tell us where there house is and to come visit anytime and drive off. So crazy! When does that happen?"

About two months later....


This has been the perfect week. At least the weekend. We were worried it wouldn't work out because Melinda caught what I had and we had three days to teach two big lessons. It all worked out perfectly and the baptism was amazing. It was PACKED. His whole family came and every set of missionaries brought someone who had been contemplating baptism. Tim requested to give his OWN talk on baptism! He got pretty nervous in front of all the people but it was awesome. Sister Keil and I sang a mash up of Joseph Smith's First Prayer and The Spirit of God. Due to forgetting to tell Tim he could plug his nose, his hand popped up and he had to go under again. As he was getting out he says "BAPTIZED TWICE!" and everyone just laughs. There was just a special spirit. It was perfect and just for Tim. Barry is officially addicted to going to baptisms. At the end of Tim's Baptism he says "I just didn't know it could be that GOOD!". We told him we were doing the song during the down time when the person is changing at a baptism that night and he came again! Carla, Tim's mom, has really been touched by the past few days. A few days before the baptism I say, "So, Carla you're next right?". she laughs and says, "Maaaaaayybe!". Then at the baptism, "I'll think about it". Then after church sister Keil tells her to pray about November 14. She agrees then I say I won't be there but it will be amazing. Then suddenly things change. She's gonna try quitting today so she can be baptized before I go home! Of course, that is NOT what it's all about but it would be amazing. 

One of Tim's funniest quotes from the week: "I was going to be a doctor, but I think I'll be a Bishop instead"

As I have been phrasing it to those who imply I am running short on time, "I still have half a month left!". I just think, "How would I treat this time if I received a call to serve for half a month?". But I know, in reality, it is no time left at all. One of the things that made me so upset when I was released was how much I DIDN'T know the scriptures and how much the spirit had been helping me out there. To try to preserve my knowledge a little bit, I've been going through the Book Of Mormon and Bible and writting down my "Go To" scriptures which has turned out to be like the WHOLE book. I finished the Book of Mormon and New Testament this week. I love the scriptures. I refound an old one that my Trainer and I would use a lot at the very beggining of my Mission. It the very last verse by Jesus Christ before he leaves the Americas, 3 Nephi 30:2.
Turn, all ye Gentiles, from your wicked ways; and repent of your evil doings, of your lyings and deceivings, and of your whoredoms, and of your secret abominations, and your idolatries, and of your murders, and your priestcrafts, and your envyings, and your strifes, and from all your wickedness and abominations, and come unto me, and be baptized in my name, that ye may receive a remission of your sins, and be filled with the Holy Ghost, that ye may be numbered with my people who are of the house of Israel.
I feel like it just shows, no matter where you have been, what you have done, the Lord is still reaching out and wants us to come to Him. Turn away from what you have done and come to Christ. He doesn't care what we have done but he cares about what we do now.

Have a great week!

Inline image 1

Us and Tim

Inline image 2
Tim, Melinda, and me!

Inline image 3
"I'm gonna be like a little fish in there"

Inline image 4

Inline image 5
The sisters in the zone

Inline image 6
Posing AFTER the baptism to capture the moment for Brother Engstrom. Hahaha


No comments:

Post a Comment