Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Receiving the Call (Part Three): Now We Know!

Setting: Marah's House at 10pm. The room is semi-full of about twenty real people and about fifty people on the computers/devices--Legitamately. It was crazy.

Finally, it's time to open it up. I sit on the corner of a lamp-stand and everyone is making jokes about where it could be--Lansing Michigan, Provo Utah, Boise Idaho. Then.

Dear Sister Golding,
You are hereby called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Nevada Reno Mission!... Report: Wednesday, December 18, 2013 speaking English!





As soon as I said the words, I just started smiling and couldn't stop! For the first time in my life I knew exactly where God wanted me to be and when He wanted to be there*. I couldn't imagine ever thinking that I would be disappointed! I never would have guessed it in a million years, but once it was said I couldn't imagine going anywhere different.

People always tell me it will be great and I will be great, to which I will believe when I see it. However, I know that it  is the right thing for me to do and the right place to do it. It may be great; I hope it's great! But, most importantly, I know it is right.

I love the LDS church! Yes, there is the social aspect of it which is so great but a belief in a religious culture is never enough. It wouldn't be enough for me to leave my family and friends and school for 18  months. It wouldn't be enough for early members to get kicked out of every town they went to until they had to cross the plains and literally leave everything forever.

I do not intend of following the what man believes based off scripture. I intend on following and learning the truth from God and I have found truth in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We are not a religion formed by man, but a religion re-established by Jesus Christ through a modern-day prophet. We don't intend on people just to believe that, but we ask people to question this origin and pray to know for themselves whether it is right or wrong.

I have learned that it is true. I can boldly declare it, because I know it. Truth is enough. Truth is enough to leave all I have for 18 months and teach people who may not really care to know about the things I hold most dear. But if I have the chance to touch one persons life for the better, I will go.Most importantly, God lives! He loves every single one of us and in His eyes we have great worth, no matter who we think we are, because we are his children.


*If you have questions about how a mission call gets assigned (or really any question about the missionary application), you can go to the bold heading "assigning your call" at http://www.lds.org/new-era/2000/06/its-your-call
*If you have questions about how a mission call gets assigned (or really any question about the missionary application), you can go to the bold heading "assigning your call" at http://www.lds.org/new-era/2000/06/its-your-call








*If you have any questions about our church, you can call up your local missionaries (they would LOVE it) or live chat on Mormon.org or email me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment