Sunday, April 19, 2015

Transfer Week: 4/13/15

Sister Harris was pretty convinced she wasn't leaving--gut feeling stuff. We are both in shock that she's heading off to Ely. Sister Liddle is my new companion. She came out right after I was sent home for medical leave. Other than that, I know nothing about her. I'm a little nervous to take over the area so quickly, but I know it will all work out. It's more than I've had for my double transfers! the only difference is this time I don't want to ruin anything the missionaries before me have worked SO hard to create. I know Sister Owen and Sister Harris have worked extremely to get the area where it needs to be. I've been on the other side of handing over Wells and Gardnerville to other missionaries--it's nerve racking. I just hope that I only build on what they have started.

The miracle of this week is much different than the miracle of last week. The miracle was that regardless of various sicknesses (a stomach thing on Wednesday, Sister Harris' hips, a strep like throat from allergies) we were able to get out and still work and see something incredible happen everyday after a lot of empty doors and cancelled appointments. We would get to 5 or 6 at night without seeing anyone. Then we would remember, someone is fasting for us; there will be something at the end of the day. And there always was. Seeing someone we haven't in a long time. Getting in with Less Active families the ward and we have given up on and getting them to commit to church after mentioning that they have a desire to come back. The younger children, Autumn's little siblings, understanding while we teach the lessons using the Children's Song Book. Meeting someone amazing, because they open the door right when you knock at their neighbors door. It's been a SLOW week thanks to Spring break, but it's been a good one.
Hope everyone is doing great! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment