Wednesday, August 13, 2014

What a Wonderful World: 8/11/14

This week has been slow but fulfilling. It's one of those weeks where nothing huge has changes but you look back to who you were a little while ago and realize, "Wow! I'm not who I was anymore." Not in a bad way! I just have grown this week. I can't point out what it is exactly, but I feel like I have a much better grasp on the world and my part in it. It has been a very successful week. we fasted to work with the ward more and get more integrated and member trust. This week we harvested the fruits of that fast, we were able to be involved in a Young Women (youth program) activity night and do a Q and A portion. We also were able to help out at a Relief Society (women 18+) night and use it as a missionary tool.

The best thing about this week is Josh. He is a less active guy who fell away in his early youth. We Have been working with him for a while, but this week we got a member to invite him to hear the lessons at his house. The result was simply magical. In that first lesson, the spirit was so strong. We invited him to prepare for the temple and he is now striving for that. It has completely changed everything. He is going to be such a strong member that does so much good and that will never fall away again. This is important. I feel it, the eternal effects of him coming back; I feel it. I am so grateful to be part of it. Seeing the change in him has changed me and has strengthened my testimony a lot.

It's hard to describe why missionary work is so fulfilling. It's not about what we teach or learn. It's about what we can become because Christ does live. He did suffer for all the effects of The Fall: the sins as well as the pains. And because He lives, we can truly live also. We can have hope and happiness in our lives, because Christ justifies and cleanses all of the bad things that are in this world. He has changed my life. There is joy when you follow the principles that Christ taught, The Gospel of Jesus Christ. Living that good life brings joy and a literal light to our lives. I can't imagine life without it. 

Funny Moment: The JW's were knocking door hard core this week in our neighborhood. That's usually bad because then people are less likely to like us. We actually do not go door to door in our mission, which makes me very happy. So the other day, we walk into our apartment and on our door step what do we find? A Jehovah's Witness pamphlet! Missionary inception! I really do hope they knock on the door when we are home one of these days. How awesome would that be :)

I hope everyone is doing good and is enjoying life. I've reread a quote this week that I would like to end with. It is by President Gordon B Hinckley on The Spirit of Optimism.

"Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight"

There is plenty of sunlight in our stormy world. I strive to always remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment